Sump decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump decision

I'm getting ready to take down my tank and move it to our new house and I'm going to rework the setup. So looking for some feed back on witch sump i should go with. Oh and I'm going to need a few extra hands to move the tank to it new resting place. Any help would be greatly appicated.

Sent from my LG-H631 using ACAC mobile app

None of those, buy a 40b and a baffles kit off eBay and silicone them in. Have a sump for $150 tops then. If get 40b on dollar a gal

http://m.ebay.com/itm/162022669195

Sent from my iPhone using ACAC
    Last edited by _Alex_; 09-16-2016, 12:23 PM.
    -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

I'm not going to do any diy on the system this go around.

Comment

Oh well....alrighty then. I would get a bigger sump than the 2 you are showing there. if your willing to spend $300 I'd suggest spending a bit more and get something larger.

-----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Lol. These two are the biggest I could find for the money. And they are both twice the size of the two sumps put together I'm running on the system now. And I like the way the filter socks are arranged in them both.

Last edited by odie; 09-16-2016, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Go by marine extremes. He had some not much more than the highest one that imo were better laid out

Also I like the eshopps ones better off amazon with the socks against the back glass so you could put a skimmer in the same chamber as them. And use the middle as a refuge.

I'm not sure on size of one in posting but the picture shows what I'm referring to. Like I mentioned. I'd buy the largest you can afford and fit.

Eshopps AEO15005

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001K5IE5W..._PDe3xbKJ94JNK[/video][

Last edited by _Alex_; 09-16-2016, 07:30 PM.
            -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

You can pick one up from advanced acrylics. Very nice and affordable as well

Comment

http://advancedacrylics.com/collecti...ervoir-2-sizes

Comment

Thanks Alex and Joe. The plan I have in my head is to biuld a wall in the family room that the tank will be biult into and the sump will not go under the tank that way maintaining the system will easy.

So we will close on the house Oct 17th so if anyone would like to help move or even help biuld the wall that would be great.

Comment

Congrats on the house odie. Wish could help but being back on second shift its hard for me to even help myself at the moment

-----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Ok I think this is the one I might go with. It has what I want with the filter bags and the space for the skimmer in ghe first chamber like you said Alex. And the total water valume is 31 gallons.

Comment

Yes I think that would be a better option as you have room for both a space saver skimmer and a refuge.

-----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Working...
                        X