Gold Stripe maroon clownfish! Needing Rotifers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Stripe maroon clownfish! Needing Rotifers

It has been a while since I have been on here I just have been on the fence about shutting down my system and moving on or to continue when out of the blue a few months ago my clownfish have started laying eggs in fact they are on their sixth batch!! this has kind of reinspired me to continue so I set up a nursery tank with no filtration other than manually removing water between batches of fry trials. so far to date I have harvested fry from the main tank and flawlessly timed hatch night last weekend I had over 40 fry I managed to scoop out.
    I am still trying to get a actual rotifers going my first experience with this was ordering online on ebay from a company called fitzstar. They were just awful on rotifers they mailed them to me 2 day priority and they rode in hot USPS truck all day unfortunately they arrived dead. when I email the company they said send picture of proof of death (really I don't have a microscope with a camera, YET one on order but that is another story ) needless to say I lost my money invested on that one and it was not worth pursuing.
    I have been real successful at growing my phytoplankton (nanochloropis)ready for rotifers.
    currently Gerard from BPA has hooked me up with some rotifer cyst from FAF fingers crossed will update.

Going to be selling Phytoplankton this stuff is great for feeding not just rotifers but corals as well let me know if there is any interest out there of live phytoplankton to give me an idea how much I should scale my grow system

Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using ACAC

Comment

I just moved my system for growing algae from the basement to upstairs.
      I am looking at my algae in the microscope and I see nano choropsis but also see really fine string algae (too fine to see with eye is this normal? )

Sent from my SM-G900V using ACAC mobile app

Comment

Given up after multiple attempts and difficulty getting a good rotifer supply online I have decided to hang it up

Sent from my SM-G900V using ACAC mobile app

Comment

Bummer! Was hoping to get a success story!

Comment

A great place for rots. And everything else you need is http://apbreed.com/products.php

Comment

Sorry i didont see this once you posted or i would of sent you a message with the link. They are the best. All top of the line products and the rots are all ways in good health once they arrive. Just follow thier instructions and in 2 to 3 days you will have plenty of rots for your fry

Comment

Working...
              X