No announcement yet.

Justin's 5 gal EcoPico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! ya i cant wait to add some livestock to it The tank has a glass top so evaporation really isnt bad at all, i add a cup of water every other day, and that is even a little to much. as for water changes go i may do a little bit of each method depending on how much time i have in the week and how much algae/detritus build up i have. I like aspects of both methods

Comment

Ok so update! i added livestock! just corals and snails for now, not quite comfortable enough to add my yellow watchman goby yet. Everything is doing great so far, and i do have algae growth though, so im about to go to marine extreme and pick up some hermit crabs. I pickey up some awesome corals from Justin (thanks!) and have a few from my own collection. Here is what i have in the tank so far: very large turbo snail ( not to stay just to help with algae bloom) and a nerite snail.
      as for corals i have: Neon green hammer coral (1 head), 2 acan colonies (2-3 heads), green star polyps, Giant blue mushroom, small frag of pink birdsnest.
      I decided on what i wanted for fish, im going to go with a yellow watchman goby, and a tailspot blenny.
      Let me know what you think!

Comment

Justin's 5 gal EcoPico

Looking good so far!

Sent from my iPhone by spaceships!
        -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Lookin great Justin.

Your welcome, thanks for stopping by...

When you getting tired of this setup....I want it for my work office lol

Comment

thanks! Also i decided i needed more flow so i had a very small pump lying around that i placed on top of the in tank filter. Its very discrete there and provides the perfect amount of flow, im very happy with it

Comment

Originally posted by JMMJ13902 View Post
              Lookin great Justin.

Your welcome, thanks for stopping by...

When you getting tired of this setup....I want it for my work office lol
              haha i dont know, it might be a little bit before i get bore with it haha

Comment

its been a while since i updated this thread, so i figured its about time. Had a slight crash a while back but the tank seems to have bounced back rather well. the hammer coral is doing especially well. It started out with one head and now it has 4, and i have dosed very little (A testament that the stock lights on these tanks do grow coral). In the tank i have hammer coral, gsp, and two frags that im watching for a friend. one is acan echinada and the other is a favia. There is some macro algae in there as well. Here are some pics
                PC224019.jpgPC224020.jpgPC224022.jpgPC224023.jpgPC224024.jpg

Comment

Looks good! I'm a nano fan too.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Looks great

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

i i decided to mess with the scape a little and to be honest i really like it. I also cleaned up the tank and did some dosing as well. I have a watchman goby currently in my 40b and i am going to move it to my nano. Also i think i am going to add a tailspot goby as well. I love these little fish and i think one would look very nice in my setup. Here is a FTS as of today

Last edited by Justin; 12-27-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Justin's 5 gal EcoPico

Tailspot blenny is my favorite!
                        Amazing personality

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                          Tailspot blenny is my favorite!
                          Amazing personality
                          Thats what i heard! i cant wait to get one

Comment

Here ya go, bump!

Comment