Justin's 5 gal EcoPico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin's 5 gal EcoPico

So i just got my Ecoxotic EcoPico that i ordered from ecoxotic.com today! so stoked So i deid a 5.5 gal nano a while back, but i got to busy and had to sell it. However, now that summer is approaching i will have plenty of time to fool around with it. But enough with that here are the specs!

Specs

- all glass rimless 5.1 gallon aquarium with glass top for evaporation, also im going to put a black backround on it

- Led arm light with 3 strips of blue and white leds (total of 6, 10,000K whites and 3, 4nm blue leds) The sight said that these leds will support "your most light loving corals" so i have faith in them.

- inline dimmer to control awesomeness effect

- Descrete in-tank filter and pump ( it comes with a sponge insert that i am going to try to replace with filter floss and a little bit of carbon)

Stocking plans

5-7 pounds of live rock and 5 pounds of white sand, Hey Alex what kind of sand do you use?

- corals
    I want it to be a mixed reef so heres what i have already to put into it: bird of paradise birdsnest, gsp, a huge blue mushroom from marine extreme and candy cane coral.

What i want to have in it: i would love to put some ricordeas in it, not sure where to get any though, acans for sure, more candy cane, blastos, monti cap, more birdsnest, chalice, hammer coral and i think thats it

- Inverts
    clean up crew consisting of: 10 dwarf ceriths, 2 small nerites, 2 florida ceriths, 1 astrea snail, 3 assorted hermits, 2 blue leg hermits, 1 electric blue hermit

2 or 3 sexy shrimp or Maybe! a cleaner shrimp

- fish

still trying to decide, was thinking of maybe moving my watchman goby into it, but the other 3 fish i am trying to decide on are: spot tail blenny, neon goby, or clown goby. Im thinking 2 fish max. Any thoughts of other fish or in general?

Here are the Pics! Let me know what you think! im always open to advice!

Justin's 5 gal EcoPico

Special grade reef floor sand is what I like and is what was in the 40b you got from me.

I agree 2 fish max and make sure stay under a 1" max size. If could find a mated pair of little gobies like my little red one, would be sweet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

sweet thanks Alex! and ya i love that little goby you have. Where did you get him?
      Also i would like to start my tank with live sand so i dont have a cycle. Does anyone have about 5 pounds of white live sand i could purchase from them?

Comment

Thats a slick tank. Looks very professional.

Comment

Justin's 5 gal EcoPico

I got him at petco. But I have seen live aquaria have them to.

Sent from my iPhone by spaceships!
          -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Ok so update! i went over to Joe's (Joker's) house today and picked up some very nice liverock for my aqauscape! Thanks Joe!) so after spending an hour with my hand in the tank i am still not happy with my aquascape, it needs more rock, but i will work on that tomorrow. I also modified the filter by taking out the sponge that it came with, removing half of it and replacing is with filter floss and a diy carbon pack (im actually pretty proud of my self ) here is the current fts, and yes i still need to get a backround let me know what you think< oh and the lights are at about 70% in the pic.

and here is a pic of the diy carbon pack

Comment

Looking good Justin!!!! I'm glad you like the rock and it looks great in your tank!!! If you would like any more just holler!

Comment

Looks great. I love the rimless look.

Aquascape looks good thou, however you don't wanna to have the rocks touch the glass cuz then it will be super hard to clean.

Comment

Great to see another nano in the works. I have a neon goby and cleaner shrimp in my evo 8. You will have fun with your small tank. Have mine on my desk and probably spend

To much time looking at it than work..lol. keep the pics coming.

Jim
                  Some people have a few issues in life & some have a lifetime subscription...

Comment

thanks everyone! at Justin, your right, i will probably do some rock moving today and Jim i have mine on my desk too and i know i wont get anything done!
                    more pics to come!

Comment

Re: Justin's 5 gal EcoPico

Where is the overflow on this tank? How much you paid for one Justin? I'm considering to put one in my office at work

Comment

Originally posted by JMMJ13902 View Post
                        Where is the overflow on this tank? How much you paid for one Justin? I'm considering to put one in my office at work
                        There is no overflow haha thats the beauty of it, its incredibly simple! although i have thought about drilling it. They are $130.00 but i added a dimmer so it all came out to $144.00. You can find the here http://www.ecoxotic.com/eco-pico-reef.html

on another thought, what is the smallest heater that you guys know of, besides the under gravel ones?

Comment

ok i finally got the rock work the way i like it. I haven't tested the water yet, but it shouldnt be to bad considering i used liverock and live sand. Ill do some testing later and let you guys know. more pics! The water is still a little cloudy from messing with it.

Comment

Looking good...like the open front area.
                            Some people have a few issues in life & some have a lifetime subscription...

Comment

Justin's 5 gal EcoPico

There is a 50w non adjustable heater that is auto set at like 76 or 78. We used it on a 10gal for our beta worked good. Got at petco

Sent from my iPhone by spaceships!
                              -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Working...
                              X