Hard plumbing across/under house for water changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard plumbing across/under house for water changes

After cutting the tendons on top of my foot a few months ago I realized real fast how much effort went into doing my water changes. So this is what I came up with.....

Basically I'm going to be hard plumbing a line from my utility room to my fish room. It'll all be done in my crawl space. I think I settled on just running 1 pex line. This will double as a drain/return for new and old saltwater. I'll be using an extra Jebao return pump. I'm going to attempt to run the pump externally. Just depends if the pump can pull the old water out of the fish room back to the utility room.

I also upgrade my RO Water I was using just RO water but now I have a 4 stage RO/DI from the BRS Black Friday sale. So I'll be setting up my brute trash with a float valve. I'll also be looking into way to divert RODI to an extra container for refilling my ATO.

Sorry for long post. I'll be starting the project tomorrow after work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Davo; 11-30-2016, 06:49 AM.

Looks like a fun project that will make life easier!!!

Sent from my iPhone using ACAC
    -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Quick update: I added a 1/4" line to go directly to my ATO container in the fish room. I'll have a shut off valve so it's not continuously filling it. Also it will take away the need for an RODI only barrel in the utility room.

I have the 1/2" pex line ran as well. Not exactly sure how I'm going to make the line coming from the wall in the fish room "look nice". I'm leaning toward ordering a quick connect fitting from brs and only having that stick out.....

Comment

RODI installed and making water. I think I read somewhere to let it run for two or so hours then dump the water out. Then I'm still waiting on my brs shipment for the quick connects and another float valve.

Comment

..... and it's leaking between first two canisters...... dang

Comment

Suck

Comment

Hmm may just need to tighten the fitting. But which side......

-----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

It's the right side. Basically I'll have to take it apart from the top metal piece and retape the threads...... fun stuff.

Comment

Did you contact brs? There customer service is awesome

-----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Yes. They insisted on sending me new fittings (the elbow fitting on the intake started leaking too) just in case the threads are damaged. That's why I always use BRS when I can. Amazing company

Comment

Yea very good to deal with. Spectrapure is also great customer service

-----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

This is what I came up with. Basically I have a pump on each end instead of just one. Yay for no more stringing hoses out. Just have to connect my quick coupler on the tank side and flip some valves

Comment

This is a life saver as well. It controls outlet so I can shut my pump off from the fish room. Now I just need to wire a ground to the adapter I'm using

Comment

Originally posted by Davo

This is what I came up with. Basically I have a pump on each end instead of just one. Yay for no more stringing hoses out. Just have to connect my quick coupler on the tank side and flip some valves

Nice. I'm thinking of doing something like this. I'm tired of carrying buckets around

Sent from my SM-G900V using ACAC mobile app

Comment

The pex piping made it pretty easy for my setup. Now that everything is running smooth I need to "trim" the PEX to size so I can add my fake electrical box to hide it coming out of the wall

Comment

Working...
                              X