DSA Neo 65 build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Alex_
    Always better to have the leaks where it doesn't matter!! And I wish I had seen those overflows before I got the ones I did. So much nicer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which overflows did you get? The ones on ebay?

Comment

• No just small silicone boxes on our 240. Wasn't what I wanted and a misunderstanding......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by _Alex_; 03-05-2016, 04:54 AM.
      -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

• Here's a quick video of my system running. After adjusting the length if the main syphon pipe it runs perfect and I am very happy with it. It's dead silent. I currently draining the tank. Hopefully my neighbor can help me carry in in my house this weekend https://vimeo.com/157869846

Comment

• Very nice Jonathan.

What light are you gonna put over this??

Comment

• Originally posted by JMMJ13902
            Very nice Jonathan.

What light are you gonna put over this??
            Thanks Justin. I'm going to use my existing light I have over the tank I'm replacing. It's the Maxspect 160 Watt I think. I'd like to change my lights out for a T5 fixture in the future once I have funds for one

Comment

• Well here's a big milestone. I got the new tank in the house today. It looks huge in the living room. You can kind of see the tank it's replacing to the left. Honestly I think it's to nice to be in the basement living room but my wife wouldn't let me put it in the upstairs living room where it's more of a formal area

Comment

• Tell her it's okay...mines is 120gal and I pulled my guts to put it upstairs. Plus I have three small kids and constantly running. If she worried about the weights....take mine as an example lol

Comment

• I started getting things assembled tonight. My 4 year old said "Wow that's alot of stuff in there" Lol

Comment

• Looking great!

Sent from my iPhone using ACAC mobile app

Comment

• Most of you probably already saw my update on Facebook because unfortunately that's where most of the activity is but I've got my tank running. I started curing my dry rock in a 5 gallon bucket. Boy does it already stink! I wish I had known better to start curing the rock months ago when I got it so I'm kind of at a standstill until it's cured to finish my rockscapes

Comment

• I went back to my first post for this thread and went through each post. Man what alot of work. I think I enjoyed building it more than day to day reef keeping.
                        I've learned alot and matured alot from the build. There was a moment where I got kinda burned out on the hobby. But I think I'm rejuvenated again. I hope I can make this tank look like what I have in my head

Comment

• Looking good Jonathan. Can't wait to see what you gonna do with your scapes...

Comment

• I haven't posted to this thread in 6 months. My wife and I had another baby and with that and work I neglected my tank maintenance for months and algae got out of control.
                            I almost got out of the hobby because of it. I've sold most of my coral and am going to try going mostly fish only for now.
                            I spent about 6 hours cleaning taking every rock out and cleaning with a toothbrush last night. I'm still going to shut down my other 75 gallon. 2 tanks is just to much for me to manage rite now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Looks good...glad you decided to stay back.

Comment

Working...
                                X