DSA Neo 65 build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSA Neo 65 build

I'm very excited to start a new tank project. I picked up a 40 breeder from the dollar per gallon sale. I plan to move everything over from my 29g to it. It's pretty packed with coral with no more room for growth and new additions. I'm going to drill the back of it for a overflow and build my own stand for it. Hopefully it doesn't take forever to build and I'll try to post pics as I make progress with it

Sweet. What was your original tank size? I thought you have something bigger than the 29gal tank.

Comment

I've got a 75 and a 29 Justin

Comment

Cool. 40b is still my favorite tank especially you can get for just $40 bucks. I have seen some people make the 40b looks really good...and I'm sure you can to Jonathan.

Keep posting pictures...we love pics

Comment

Awesome 40b is one of my favorite also for smaller setup. I found these overflow boxes on ebay and want to try one but I don't have a set up to lol. But half the price of the reef savy version

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1200-gph-LOW-P....c100408.m2460

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
          -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Thanks Alex. I'm going to have to think about getting that 800GPH overflow. The only feature difference that I see is on the reef savvy one the inside cutouts are removable with magnets for easy cleaning. I don't think it's worth the extra money though. I was going to order the glass holes 700g ph kit. Now I've got to decide...

Comment

Yea I noticed that to but I didn't think was enough to justify the money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
              -----Alex & Amanda-----

Comment

Alright, making some progress. I've got the base and tank support built. Finally decided on the tank height and cut the legs to 35".

Comment

Looking good. Nice to have good tools isn't it.

Comment

Thanks. Yes it is. It's the initial investment in them that always stinks

Comment

Alright, framing is done. I think you could sit a car on this. Tomorrow I'm going to cut finish putting the inside floor in. I've decided to build some shelves inside to hold my dosing containers and pumps above the sump and out of the way. Hoping to start skinning it with the 3/4" Oak plywood tomorrow as well. It's going together pretty quickly

Comment

Nice and sturdy...wonder why we always overkill the build even though it's just 40gal of water lol

Comment

Following this

Comment

Alright it's coming along. It's going to look real good once I finish getting all the trim on and stained. I'm still debating on how to build the doors

Comment

looking good

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X