X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uv sterlizers work well if you get a properly sized one and maintain it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm looking for something that will work for a 72 day hospital tank. The yellow tang will be the limiting factor for size. How small of a tank will work with him for that long? Was almost thinking 55 but a 40 may do the trick.

No signature required.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarne View Post
        Uv sterlizers work well if you get a properly sized one and maintain it

Will a mean green uv work for that? I know there is one locally.

No signature required.

Comment

Is the 72 days the time it takes for the parasite to die off?

Comment

That's is what I've read. Move all of the fish into a hospital and treat them, then wait for the parasite to completely die off in your display tank, which they claim is 72 days. Then move the fish back.

No signature required.

Comment

You are way more patient than me lol. And I have a mean green machine in my sump and I love it. And I haven't had any ich symptoms since I added it months ago. But that could be coincidence

Comment

I'm just trying to find the best treatment. If the mean green will work, I'll put one in my sump too. I just want the ich to go away.

No signature required.

Comment

I definitely think it helps my fish stay more relaxed. Not sure if it actually kills all parasites that pass through it tho

Comment

Well the big one is too large for my sump. Hopefully the smaller version will fit.

No signature required.

Comment

I ran 2 of the larger mean greens in my 210 and they cured all my ich issues

Comment

I have a smaller version that not in use anymore if u want it. I used it for only 2 weeks before switch to a bigger one.

Comment

I'd definitely like to try it out. Anything that would potentially help is worth trying.

No signature required.

Comment

I think that a yellow tang would be ok in a 40 for 3 months.

Comment

I have the ich under control finally. I lost my young clowns and my pj cardinals. The yellow tang, firefish and lawnmower blenny are all doing great now.
                              Unfortunately, I lost my sps corals in the journey, but my LPS and softies are doing OK. I'll look for more corals after a couple of weeks.

No signature required.

Comment

Working...
                              X